PannetArtStudio - Blog & Events

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The battle is not mine...

No matter how I look at it...it boils down to remaining "mindful" of what you are doing/eating and caring!  I start off good every morning - walk the dog, drink my slim rite breakfast and head off to work. Snack was yogurt 'cause by 10 a.m. I had a case of the hungries. Then somewhere along the way a demon reared it's ugly head and I strolled to the kitchen and put a snickers in my pocket. Why? Probably 'cause they were there and I know they are there! Calling to me. Commmme into the kitchen, Phyllis...we're waiting for youuuu. And nothing else mattered at that moment! Hands out in front of me I "thriller" walked to the kitchen and back. I lost that battle...

 There are periods of time when I won't touch them (snickers in any of it's forms) and then BAM! I'm seeking them out  - like literally driving to places just to get one...or two (there's no eating just one)! Snickers are my nemesis but it could just as well be cookies - Pepperidge Farm preferably but I'll settle for oreos or cheese cake with strawberries or bread pudding or sweet potato pie and I could go on and on and on...I wonder sometimes what it is that I am feeding?

No comments:

Post a Comment